If you are a citizen of a member state of the European Union (EU) or of the European Economic Area (EEA) and you stay in Spain more than 90 days in a 180 day period, you must apply for the Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la UE.
In this article, we detail step by step how to fill out the EX-18 form, a document you will need to bring on the day of your appointment
1. Download the EX18 form
The first step is to download the EX-15 form. You find it on the official website of the Sede de Policia by clicking here.
2. Instruction to complete the EX18 form : Datos del solicitante
This first section is about your personal data.
PASAPORTE: Your valid passport or ID number
NIE: This box can remain empty if you don’t have a NIE.
1st Apellido: Your family name
2nd Apellido: Your 2nd family (if applicable)
Nombre: First name
Sexo: Tick the corresponding box: Male (H) / Female (M)
Fecha de nacimiento: Date of birth
Lugar: Place of birth
Country: Country of birth
Estado Civil: Tick the corresponding box: Single (S) / Married (C) / Widow (V) / Divorced (D) / Separated (Sp)
Nombre del padre: First name of your father
Nombre de la madre: First name of your mother
Domicilio en España: Your current address in Spain
N°: Street number
Piso: Flat number (if applicable)
C.P: Postal Code
Teléfono móvil: Phone number
E-mail: Your email address
Legal representative, en su caso: When the application is made by a legal representative
DNI / NIE / PAS: The identity document of the legal representative
Título : the relationship with the legal representative: father / mother of a minor, legal guardian, etc.
3. Instruction to complete the EX18 form : Datos del representante a efectos de presentación de la solicitud
This part is only to be completed if the person submitting the application is different from the applicant. If this is the case, your representative will fill it out on your behalf, as everything else in this form.
If the request is made directly by the applicant, this section is left blank.
4. Instruction to complete the EX18 form : Domicilio a efectos de notificaciones
In this section, you need to indicate the address where you want to receive any correspondence. This may or may not be the same address you provided in the first section.
This section is particularly useful if you are represented by a third party.
Finally, you can tick the box if you would like to be contacted by mail.
5. Instruction to complete the EX18 form : Situación en España
In this last section, you need to start by indicating how long you plan to stay in Spain. If you plan to stay indefinitely or are unsure how long you are going to be a Spanish resident, you can give an approximate number.
Fecha de inicio de la residencia en España : Indicate when is your appointment to submit your application.
N° de familiares que acompañan o se reúnen con el solicitante en España : Number of family members accompanying you to Spain.
You will then need to indicate the reason for completing this EX-18 form.
A- Residencia temporal
In this section, you need to tick the box corresponding to your personal and professional situation:
- Employed person
- Self-employed worker
- Inactive person with sufficient resources and health insurance
- Student with sufficient resources and health insurance
- EU / EEA / Swiss citizen, family member of another nationality included in the previous sections:
- Identity number of EU / EEA / Swiss citizen
- Relationship with the entitled EU / EEA / Swiss citizen
B- Residencia permanente
Permanent residence can often only be requested after having already lived in Spain for a certain period of time. Here are the different boxes that can be ticked in this section:
- Continuous residence in Spain for 5 years
- Worker at retirement age with pension entitlements, who has worked in Spain for 12 months and resided in the country for 3 years
- Worker at retirement age with pension entitlements, who has worked in Spain for 12 months and has a Spanish spouse/partner
- Worker at retirement age with pension entitlements, who has worked in Spain for 12 months and whose spouse/partner lost Spanish nationality due to marriage/registration
- Worker in early retirement who has worked in Spain for 12 months and resided in the country for 3 years
- Worker in early retirement who has worked in Spain for 12 months and whose spouse/partner is Spanish
- Worker in early retirement who has worked in Spain for 12 months and whose spouse/partner lost Spanish nationality due to marriage/registration
- Worker with a permanent disability having resided in Spain for more than 2 continuous years
- Worker with a permanent disability as a result of an occupational accident or ilness
- Worker with a permanent disability who has a Spanish spouse/partner
- Worker with a permanent disability and whose spouse/partner lost Spanish nationality due to marriage/registration
- Worker who after 3 consecutive years of working and residing in Spain performs their role in another member state while maintaining residence in Spain
- Other (specify)
This section should only be completed if you have already obtained your Certificado de ciudadano de la UE and you wish to change some information :
- Change of personal details
- Change of address
- Change of ID Card/Passport
- Other (specify)
D- Baja por cese
This box should only be ticked if you want to opt out of the central register of foreigners residing in Spain. You will also need to specify the reason.
6. Instruction to complete the EX18 form : Firma
In this last section, by ticking the box, it means that all the information provided in this form is correct.
Last step is the signature. Start by specifying the city and date in the following format “[City] a [Day of the month] de [Month] de [Year].
You can then sign in the Firma del Solicitante box.
We have just seen how to fill out step by step the EX18 form in order to get the Certificado de ciudadano de la Union in Spain.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at [email protected], we will be more than happy to help you.